What is an E-Liquid Vape pen?
E-Juice vape pens have been in the vaping industry for a long time now. Known as the latest and most advanced and modified version of the traditional E-Cig, E-Juice Vape pens aim to give the user a more customizable and "in-touch" experience with their devices. Using much the same Technology as Dry Herb Vape Pens and E-Cigarettes you'll find 3 main components on a standard E-Juice Vape pen, they are as follows:
• Battery/MOD – Normally hosting an adjustable wattage feature this gives the user the ability to have more control over the power going into the atomizer. Having control over the wattage of the battery/MOD allows the user to vaporize there selected juice at different temperatures for a different vapor density or flavor intensity.
• Atomizer/Tank – This is the component that is responsible for the vaporizing of the juices. Although much the same as dry herb heating chambers there are a couple differences with the methods of heating. Atomizers have a coil found inside, the coil is heated resulting in soaked liquid in the wick to vaporize. At the base of an Atomizer there's normally an adjustable airflow section to control the balance between vapor and air when pulling from the device. The atomizer is surrounded by a Pyrex tank which holds the juice, with holes in the atomizer that allows juice to soak through to the wick as mentioned above.
• Drip Tip / Mouthpiece – This is the last components of the device, it's pretty much the tip that you put your lips against and pull from the device with. These come with different variations of the width of the tip, allowing more or less airflow. Sometimes the tip can be removed to allow access to the Pyrex tank to fill with juice; this is known as a top fill design.
How does an E-Liquid Vape Pen Work?
You will probably more or less have a basic understanding of how a Vape pen works from the description of the components listed above. Let me summarize everything and explain how they all link together. The main process of an E-Liquid Vape pen is simple, power the device using a battery or MOD. These come in all shapes and sizes with different power outputs. The battery/MOD will put power into the coil, this is the core of the atomizer. The coil contains a wick which soaks the liquid stored in the Pyrex tank surrounding all the components. When you power the battery/MOD it heats the coil, which results in the springs surrounding the wick to start heating up the wick and vaporizing the liquid. When you pull on the device it pulls the vapor through the atomizer out of the tip of the device.
Below you will find basic instructions on how to correctly setup and use a standard E-Liquid Vape pen:
- Prepare the device – Before you use the vape pen you will need to prepare different parts of the device, although this will be complicated at first; you'll soon get used to it. Separate the Atomizer/Tank from the rest of the device. Once the tank has been removed you can remove the atomizer from the tank. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this in the user manual provided with your device. All devices are dismantled differently.
- Priming the Atomizer – You'll need to take your liquid of choice and prepare the atomizer or "prime" it. This is simply soaking the wick inside with juice to allow it to circulate easier removing the possibility of getting a burned taste. Remove the atomizer from the tank, you'll see 2 – 4 holes around the side of the atomizer with a white material within. Take your juice and place 2 – 3 drops on each of the openings. You can also place juice in the top of the atomizer.
- Filling the tank – Now the atomizer is primed, place it back into the base of the tank. Be careful not to tighten too much, this could cause issues with firing in the device. Look at your user manual and find out if they tank is top fill or bottom fill. Depending on this, chose the next step below: a. Top Fill – Put the tank back together, at the tip of the tank below the Drip tip, you'll be able to unscrew a section. Once unscrewed you will see 2 wholes where juice can be placed. Fill the tank until the max fill line has been reached. b. Bottom Fill – Put the tip back on the tank and turn it upside down. Make sure you have not connected the atomizer yet. Fill the tank with it upside down, to not fill past the tube for the drip tip. Once filled, reconnect the atomizer base to the device.
- Configure the Device – Now that everything is physically ready to go, all you have to do is ensure the battery settings are compatible with the atomizer. Always make sure the wattage you're using isn't too much for the atomizer, if the power is too high you will end up burning the atomizer.
How to find the best E-Liquid Vape pen for your Needs
When deciding on the best E-Liquid vape pen for you, there are a couple things you'll have to take into consideration. When it comes down to it, everything will be based heavily on personal preference; having experience with different builds will be the only way to really find your perfect vape pen for your needs. Here is a bit of information on the features you'll be looking for in a vape pen, and what each one means to you:
Pulling Method – There are 2 main pulling methods when using an E-Liquid Vape pen:
- DTL (Direct to lung) - This is the most common pulling method, taking the vapor straight from the device into your lungs. Pulling like this is done in one big breath and normally gives the user a larger vapor production with a juicy flavor left in the mouth.
- MTL (Mouth to lung) - Instead of pulling straight to the lung, some devices allow you to pull to the mouth, and then to the lungs. This will reward you with a harder hitting pull on the throat, commonly with less vapor and more flavor. Some devices don't support this pulling method.
Each Atomizer will have a given coil resistance, these will be displayed in ohms.Typically, the main purpose of coil resistance is to give an indication on how quickly a coil can heat up causing more vapor from the juice. It's important to find the perfect balance for coil resistance if you have to high of a resistance you will find yourself drying out the wick in a matter of seconds. Typically, sub ohm vape pens have a range of 0.3 - 1.5 ohms.
This is one of the main features many people look for in an E-Liquid device. This will give you the ability to control the wattage that the liquid is vaporizing at. Having the control over the wattage will give you more possibility to swap out atomizers and try different liquids. Always ensure you're not putting the wattage over the required amount for your vape pen.
This is simple, located at the base of the tank there are normally 2 air holes. These can be adjusted to allow more airflow to the tank when you're pulling from the device, giving you more control over the balance of air and vapor in your pulls. Not all devices come with adjustable airflow.
OLED / LED Screen
The majority of higher value batteries or mods will come with a screen on the mod. This gives you a load of useful information about the current status of your device; letting you know if you're low battery, what wattage you're on and even what coil resistance is in your atomizer! You'll normally have to pay a little more if you want a device with a screen, some are even touch screen!
Why Choose Mig Vapor E-Liquid Vape Pens
When you're looking for your first E-Liquid you'll realize how huge the market is and how hard it is to choose. That's where Mig Vapor comes in. Mig Vapor
Mig Vapor are one of the largest suppliers for everything Vaping-related, providing a huge amount of the devices into the market. If you're looking for a specific starter kit, or even a specific juice Mig Vapor will have it! Hosting only the latest technology and hardware in their devices, you have the ability to choose exactly what you want in your device. As well as this, Mig Vapor have a huge community of Vaping experts to help you out whenever you need to know something. With many of their devices getting the highest ratings, winning multiple vape of the year awards, it's obvious why Mig Vapor should be your choice as a vape supplier.
Best On the Market - Here are some of the leading E-Liquid Vape pens offered by Mig Vapor:
Minion Vape Mod Kit - $50.00 - This mid-range Sub Ohm vape pen has a decent 30 watts of power from the impressive 3000mAh battery, with compatibility of coil resistance of up to 0.5ohm. Hosting a stainless steel structure this device is a great looking and feeling device. • Morpheus Vape Mod Kit - $59.95 - Possibly the most powerful sub ohm device on the market, the Morpheus has capabilities of up to 100 watts. Using either .2 or .4 ohm coils you have the ability to choose between your preferred vaping style.
The Bug Mini Vape Mod - $39.95 - One of the more affordable sub ohm vapes. The Bug Mini hosts a 1100 mAh battery, with an easy top fill design. The Atomizer hosts 0.8ohm coils, making your vapor production dense and flavorful.
Mig 21 Clear Fusion Vape Pen Kit - $59.95 - With a clear intention of being a more stylish pen than functional, the Mig 21 has a sleek design. With a 4.2v 380mAh battery this little device has plenty of power! It holds 1.3ML of juice in its tiny tank.
Stinger E-Cigarette Kit - $39.95 - Large and cheap, the Stinger has a 1600mAh battery powering the 1.8ohm atomizers. You'll have a decent vape time with a huge 2.8ML tank, the stinger has a lot of powerful components and a stylish design.
SR72 Special Edition Kit - $97.95 - One of the most visually appealing sub ohm devices, the SR72 also has decent amounts of power and features. With two 1300mAh batteries powering the 1.8ohm coils you'll be impressed with the vapor production of the SR72. It's not just a pretty pen.
Vape Pens For E-Liquids FAQ
Q: What is E-Liquid Vaping commonly called?
A: E-Liquid Vaporizing, E-Juice Vaporizing or more commonly Sub Ohm Vaping.
Q: How Long do coils last?
A: Typically, you can get over a week out of a coil with decent use, whenever you start tasting a burned flavor you should replace the coil. Q: How long does it take to charge? A: You can expect your device to take around 1-3 hours to charge. Check your user manual for exact times.
Q: What's a standard coil resistance range?
A: Normal resistance ranges will be between 0.5 - 1.8 ohms.
Q: What's a 510 Threaded Connection?
A: This is the threading of the connection between your mod and tank, providing your tank and mod have 510 threading connection you can swap it for any other 510 connection components.
Q: When I pull from my device it tastes burned?
A1: Check if your atomizer needs replacing.
A2: Make sure you prime the atomizer before use. This could be because no juice has soaked to the coil.
A3: Make sure your wattage section is not higher than the recommended amount of your atomizer.