Everything You Need to Know About Vape Pens
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a total vape newbie, you’re sure to find some useful info in this comprehensive guide to all things vape! Read on to find out why vape pins and eCigs are so great, learn how to use them, and more.
Why is Vaping So Popular?
Vaping is also popular among cannabis users, for a variety of reasons. Some opt to vape for health reasons, just like many cigarette smokers do. Others think that vaping is more enjoyable than smoking pot, since you don’t get any smoke in your lungs. It is also a lot more discreet if you’re in public. In addition, people cite that the flavor is far cleaner and better (understandable, since you’re not actually burning it!). Though vaping does have a reputation for not getting you as high, that’s not quite the truth. The effects might be delayed and you might need to take more puffs than you would normally would with other methods, but vaping can actually pack quite a punch!
Pen Style vs. Cigarette Style: Which Is Right for Me?
Wondering what type of vape to purchase? It depends on whether you are just looking for a recreational vape pen, or if you’re looking for an easier way to quit smoking cigarettes.
Pen-style vapes are long, thin, stylized tubes that basically look like fancy pens—no surprise there! They come in a wide variety of colors, styles, and features. You can get tiny and discreet ones, brightly colored ones, larger but more powerful options… the sky is the limit! Here at Mig we offer vape pens that will suit anyone’s needs. Shop for vape pens and vape pen kits here.
Cigarette Style Vapes
Cigarette-style eCigs offer a smooth transition from traditional cigarettes. They look and feel similar to actual cigarettes. They’re small in size (usually smaller and more discreet than vape pens), easily portable, and easy to use. Many are designed to look like cigarettes and come in a pack to simulate the real cigarette experience. They are usually a good way to create a comfortable transition into the vaping world. However, there aren’t as many choices of flavors and strengths as you’ll get with a vape pen. The colors and styles of cigarette-style eCigs are more limited than the styles of vape pens. Many people start out with cigarette-style vapes and then transition to a vape pen at some point. We’ve created the Mig Cig, and it’s an easy to use e-cig that has helped countless people quit smoking!
What’s Vape Juice / E-Juice?
This is one of the most fun parts of having a vape pen. You can choose from so many varieties! You can buy bottles of e-juice from many suppliers. E-liquid can be non-medicated (no nicotine or other substances—just pure vegetable glycerin and flavoring). E-juice can contain nicotine, or it can contain THC for all the cannabis lovers out there.
You can also get prefilled eCig cartridges for extra convenience. The prefilled cartridges are a convenient way to make the switch from smoking and vaping. And, the prefilled variety is especially great to have on hand when you’re on the go. However, prefilled cartridges offer tend to offer less variety.
Our nicotine e-juice is available in multiple different strengths. If you’re trying to wean yourself off nicotine, you can start out with a higher level and work your way down to the lowest level, hopefully without even noticing a thing! Nicotine e-juice is widely believed to be far healthier than nicotine cigarettes.
If you want to get creative, you can mix your own e-juice at the Mig Vapor E-Juice Bar! This is super fun. You can choose your bottle size (we offer 4 different sizes, from 15 to 120 mL), your VG level (50/50 or high VG), nicotine level (from 0 to 24 mg/mL) and then choose from DOZENS of amazing flavors! You can create a customized mix of up to 5 flavors. You can even make up a personalized name for your creation!
If you don’t feel the need to mix your own crazy flavor and you just want a standard flavor or blend, you can check out what we offer at Mig Vapor. Here are some of the flavors you’ll find in our store:
- Tobacco—with or without other flavors added
- Menthol—with or without other flavors
- Desserts—donut, apple pie, and cupcake flavors!
- Breakfast—think Belgian waffles and your favorite types of cereal!
- Fruit—anything from standard flavors like strawberry and watermelon, to trendy superfoods like acai berry and pomegranate
- Beverages—everything from coffee to soft drink and alcoholic beverage-flavored e-juices
- Candy—you can find e-juice in flavors inspired by your favorite sweet treats!
You’ll find all our single flavors here, and blends here.
Using a vape pen is one of the most discreet ways to use cannabis. Depending on where you live, you should be able to easily find THC-infused e-juice at a licensed dispensary or local shop. It comes in different flavors just like the nicotine variety. Some people make their own cannabis e-liquid at home.
Getting to Know your Vape Pen
If you’ve never used a vape pen before, we’ll unravel some of the mysteries for you! Vape pens are quite simple and they only have a few parts. Read on to learn a little bit about each part of your new eCig, or check out vaporizers here.
- Tank or Cartridge—Your vape pen/eCig will either have a tank (if it’s refillable) or a cartridge (if it’s a single-use eCig). The tank or cartridge holds the e-liquid. Tanks are made out of polycarbonate plastic, glass, or stainless steel. We like the plastic or glass varieties because you can see how much liquid is in there.
- Atomizer—The atomizer is a tiny heating element inside your vape pen. They convert the liquid e-juice into tiny, airborne droplets that you then inhale.
- Sensors—Many vape pens turn on automatically when you inhale. Others require you to push a button to activate the atomizer. Either way, this requires a sensor.
- Battery—Vape pens and eCigs are powered by small but mighty lithium ion batteries. These rechargeable batteries power the heating element. There are several battery options available. The bigger the battery, the longer it lasts. Depending on the battery and depending on how much you vape, the battery may or may not last all day. You might want to take a spare battery with you wherever you go.
- Charger—Every vape pen should come with a charger. The charger tends to screw right on to the end of your vape pen (with the tank off) and most have an indicator that shows when they are fully charged and ready to go. USB chargers, car chargers, and wall chargers are all available. The chargers are pretty much the same as phone chargers.
How to Use a Vape Pen
If you are using a vape pen with a refillable tank, you’ll need to fill it with liquid. Don’t fill it all the way to the top—your vape pen will probably have a marker on it showing you how much to fill it.
Next, put the pieces of the vape pen together. This varies depending on the particular vape pen you’ve purchased, but usually, you will just need to screw the battery, tank, and mouthpiece together and you’ll be good to go.
Once it’s all charged, loaded, and put together- you are ready to get started. If your new vape pen is button activated, you’ll need to press the button first. Many have safety features so you might have to push the button several times in succession—read the instructions to find out. If your vape pen doesn’t have a button, it’s mouth activated and you will only need to put your mouth on the mouthpiece and inhale! Some tips for inhaling: don’t suck very hard or you won’t get a good hit. A slow, steady, gentle draw is best. And, you won’t need to hold the hit in—you will absorb everything you need in a normal breath.
Traveling with Vape Pen
Vape Pen Accessories
You might not need all these things right away, but as you get more into vaping you will definitely want to start accessorizing for a better vape experience.
- Vape Bands—These help keep your glass tank from breaking if it’s dropped. They are also a colorful way to personalize your vape device. We offer them in black, orange, purple, or rainbow colors!
- Child Proof Bottles—Mig Vapor offers a Unicorn E-Juice bottle that has a secure, child-proof top that makes it easy to fill your tank, easy to travel without worrying about spills, and of course, it keeps the little ones from getting into your vape juice.
- Spare Batteries—We have a huge variety of eCig batteries in our shop. It’s always good to have a spare or two. If you’re not sure whether a certain battery will work for your device, just ask us! We’ll help you find the right battery for your needs.
- Car, Wall, and USB Chargers—Just like phones, eCigs can be charged in a variety of ways. We’ve got all the chargers you’ll need, whether you are at home or on the go.
- Herb Grinders—If you use dry herbs, it’s good to have a small and portable grinder. One of our favorite and top-rated grinders is the Bolt Shredder (available in 5 colors!)
- Mouthpieces—Want to use dry herbs with your vaporizer? We have mouthpieces like this one that allow you to do just that.
- Mesh—If you are using dry herbs, a mesh is a must!
- Drip Tips—Many experienced vapers enjoy using drip tips for the excellent flavor they provide. We’ve got you covered with a large selection of drip tips!